Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ITALO FONTANA


He´s the talented designer of Welder, a watch brand inspired in the future that succeds in the present




ITALO FONTANA

“I always looked at time as a subjective element and for the instrument that measures it must be the same.”















You were born into design’s world, so what is the design for you?
It is something elusive, a continuous research, a way of life. I am always attracted by thebeauty I see around me, everything can be a source of inspiration for those who make my work.

Why did you selected watches in your designer’s career?
The watches have ever been a part of my life, when I was a child I watched my grandfather painting and I was fascinated, then I watched my father and I admired his flair for fashionand trends. I made mine their experiences adapting to my way of being and seeing the world and I chose the watches because they are the tangible symbol of time and therefore an indispensable accessory, perhaps the only one that truly expresses who we are and what we like .
   


How did you reached to Welder’s project?
For years I put all my energy in U-Boat to create a classic and powerful style.. Sometimes I realized that my adventurous nature led me beyond U-Boat style to something different. Then Welder was born, an aggressive and energetic style that perfectly expresses my “dark” side, the desire to transgress that is within us.

How has been this new experience, Welder?
Every day a fantastic experience, thanks to my family and my co-workers, who believed in me and my “crazy” idea of creating a new brand, despite U-Boat already had most of my time.

Speak about this modern brand and its futurist concept. How do you imagine the year 2075 in terms of fashion?
I immediately thought this brand as something projected into the future. It is not only a watch to me, it is a style, a way of being, is going to the essence of things, apreciating nature using our technological knowledge. I hope that the future will reserve a greater awareness of ourselves, that makes us independent in our choices, that gives us the courage to follow our tastes, to make sure that what we choose to wear really express who we are. That’s how I see the 2075 …
   


What is your secret to found this perfect welding between tecnology and beauty?
There are no secrets, Welder style inspires me every day, it makes me see the world around me with different eyes, and I am living projected in the future

What is the most important detail when you are creating a watch, so precise time machine?
I have no special priority, always start from a feeling. It can be a shape, a color, or a material, that stimulate my creativity, all with one goal: surprise.
   


You design watches, what is your view about time?
I always looked at time as a subjective element and for the instrument that measures it must be the same. A watch cannot only measure the time, it must express a concept of time, the way you live it.

What is your favorite watch?
How do you choose among your children? … You love everyone equally

What are the future plans for Welder?
For Welder today is tomorrow … not by chance it is the watch of the future.

More information at www.welder.it

By: Itziar Arriola H.

No comments:

Post a Comment